Monday, February 2, 2009

Fabrics and Michelle

Alrighty! I set up my blog sometime in 2008 and this is my first post. No, I am not a procrastinator. I just like to take my time on some things, like housework, blogging, grocery shopping.

I love to sew. Actually, I think I am really just addicted to fabric. Love to feel it and BUY it. I have to sew to justify buying fabric. I buy way more than I sew. For those of you who do not sew, this is completely and totally normal. Having fabric on hand for emergencies, and yes wanting to sew at 11pm is considered an emergency, is called a STASH. People who sell sewing machines (and usually fabrics too) are called DEALERS. Some people have "stashes" of sewing machines. You will notice that stash, dealers, definition of emergency all have the connotation of addiction. So, maybe I have an addiction (to fabric). There are worse things. I mean, I could have a stash of cats, dogs, old cars that sit in the garage with the intention of being fixed but never are. Yes, the prior statement is called JUSTIFICATION. No, they do not have a Fabri-holics Anonymous. If they did, I am sure my DH would drive me to every local meeting.

For the month of February, I have want to resolve to SEW more than I BUY. Unfortunately, I am already behind. Yes, I know it is only the 2nd day of the month. You're thinking, how far behind could she possibly be. Like 10 yards behind!!!!! That means I have to finish the pants I have been sewing since like before mid-January. When I finish those, I will have sewn three yards for February. Only seven to go. Wish me luck. No, pants are not hard to sew (once you know how......when I first started sewing, I sewed pockets to the ankle end of a pair of LONG pants. I was trying to figure out the waistband before I realized what I had done.....this is called a wadder......like wadded up and thrown in the trash).

No comments: