Saturday, February 14, 2009

Pants, pants, pants

I finished, almost sort-of, the pants I have been making for myself. I just need to put the snaps on at the waistband. No, I am not going to use a button and buttonhole. Snaps are easy to put on and much faster to undo when you have waited until the very last nano-second to pee. Not that I know what this is like or anything. I mean I am so a plan-ahead and structured person (NOT).

Next on my sewing agenda is a pair of flannel sleep pants for Buggy-Boo. SpongeBob flannel sleep pants to be exact. I need to trace out the pattern first. Alright, actually, I need to FIND the pattern first. This could take a while. My organization could use a little (a lot) of help. I can never find what I am looking for in my "sewing studio" a/k/a the room formerly known as dining room.

I am thinking about switching out my beloved Bernie (you should name your sewing machines to make them feel loved and cared for). I want to sew on Sally (Singer) for a while. Bernie also needs to go in for a tune-up. It has been about two years since his last check-up.

I am excited about sewing on Sally. I have had her for about a year and a half and have NEVER used her. She is very neglected. Obviously. She did have a tune-up right after I got her though so she should be ready and raring to sew. I need to get more feet and attachments for her. Unfortunately there isn't a local place that sells stuff for Sally so I usually have to find stuff on eBay. I can get bobbins locally but I really love feet and attachments. I need a ruffler and gathering foot for sure. Just gives me goosebumps thinking about it.

No comments: